Sunday, September 5, 2010

Topic 6: Management

Something I could do to be more productive in my workplace is to not do something "cos thats the way its always been done". I need to start challenging thinking and provide new opportunities and change within the curriculum. This will hopefully produce better results from students and new and innovative ways of learning and teaching.An example of this is not teaching the year 9 text according to the structure that we always use and implementing different forums to exercise understanding of the themes and issues relating to the text. This does take time and energy and collaboration- but it will create new thinking, different levels of engagement, new learnings and incorporation of ICT.
Influential colleagues are those who do keep changing and implementing new strategies for learning and teaching. They study and learn and are willing to work with staff to try new things. They do not settle for whats always been done.
I really liked reading through Gilman's "The Four Habits of Highly Effective Librarians" (2007). I feel like I have come along way and am on the road to being a more effective librarian. For my next annual review it might be worthwhile for me to use these as markers for improving my practice. It would also give me an idea of how my colleagues view me and where they see my areas of need for improvement is.

No comments:

Post a Comment